Tuesday, February 27, 2007

FAQ

Several people have sent me questions about this little ordeal, so here is my pre-op Q&A:

Q: Are you going to quit skiing now?
A: I don't understand the question. You may as well ask if I am going to quit breathing. I don't think I can do that.

Q: Are you going to slow down more now?
A: See the previous answer.

Q: What does Diane think of all this?
A: Diane is the most supportive and loving person I know, I would be lost without her. But she has thought I am crazy ever since we met. You'll have to ask her yourself, but I suspect she will tell you about some Really stupid things I've done.

Q: Are you going to grow up?
A: And be what? I don't think I understand the question.

Q: Aren't you afraid you are going to get killed?
A: Um, a broken wrist is pretty far from life threatening. Even so, I love life a lot more than I fear death.

Q: They aren't going to replace your wrist bones with adimantium like Wolverine has.
A: That's not a question. And I'm not going to show you my retractable claws, just for that.

Q: How long until you can get back on a bike?
A: Don't know yet. Hopefully 8 weeks.

Q: Are you ever going to beat Chris in a sprint?
A: Hey! I beat him now, sometimes. During my recuperation I'm going to come up with a new strategy. Heh.

No comments: